Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac OSX

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac OSX
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:06:24 +0100

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 08:30:55AM +1100, syan tan wrote:

> I came across an import error in gmLog , when trying to import Gnumed
> client library inside a mod_python script.
> Can gmLog configure a suitable log file in the /tmp directory if it
> can't find a command line argument regarding the log ?

If you tell me a bit more about the mod_python - what is the
environment it works in etc (Apache ?) - I am sure we can
work out some solution or other.

One could, for example, create an apache-demon-user writable
/var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log or /var/log/gnumed.log. Or one
could enable the Apache user to write to
~apache-user-home/.gnumed/gnumed.log.

Those are the built-in options.

I have added /tmp/gnumed.log as the second-to-last location
it tries in HEAD.

Or else one could catch the ImportError and explicitely
setup a cLogTargetFile() and set gmDefLog appropriately (see
__main__'s use of __open_default_logfile()) for examples.