Re: [Gnumed-devel] next version progress note plugin

From: syan tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] next version progress note plugin
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:53:20 +1100

ideally, problem-based structuring would work, but in think it doesn't
always in practice, and sometimes , if notes aren't too detailed, it's
better to do a quick review of the entire recent notes , using a scroll
bar, not necessarily predicted to be related to the current problem,
just at a particular time. One app has a list of chronologically ordered
encounters, and clicking on the encounter gives all the notes on
all the problems /plans described for that encounter, in a third
viewport ( the first panel is the current progress notes ).
There is no mandatory labelling of the notes however in this app.
      Another consideration, is that sometimes , notes might be
given about multiple complaints, but covered as a single Hx Ex Dx Ix Mx
sectioned note, because it's easier to chronologically take down
the history without classifying it , like a stenographer,
and then examination findings ( which are problem directed), but
the formulation behind the directed examination only revealed
in the Dx part,  which lists the problems formulated;
in fact, the SOAP structure for multiple problems only comes
in the Dx Ix Mx part as multiple iterations for each problem formulated,
but Hx and Ex are just single. Just another slant about
how notes seem to get naturally written.