Re: [Gnumed-devel] privacy - upgrading and bootstrapping postgresql

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] privacy - upgrading and bootstrapping postgresql
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:06:24 +0100

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 11:59:38PM +0100, Ruthard Baudach wrote:

Thanks for your feedback !

> Allergy management:
>
> the current check-out shows only the first 6 letters of the allergenic
> agent,
That is intentional but perhaps ill-conceived. The reasoning
is that when there are several (say more than 3) allergies
not all of them will be readable within the top panel field.

Hence I truncate to 6 chars on display in that particular
field. Which isn't really nice. Better ways of doing it
would be to decrease the font size and allow two lines of
content. And/or to start truncating allergy names only when
the character count goes beyond, say, 30 or something.

Other, better ways of going about this are welcome !

If we find a good way quickly it'll be in the 0.2.5 release.

> For mouse lovers it would be a nice shortcut to raise the Allergy
> Management Widget by clicking on the caveat-field.
I took a (short) try on this but couldn't get it to work
straight away. Will try again since I have now had two
separate requests for this (apart from my own). This is
definitely doable and will be in 0.2.5.