[Gnumed-devel] Mac OSX - again

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OSX - again
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 22:33:45 +0200

Hi there,

MacOSX support didn't make it into the 0.2.5 release mostly due to a visual
glitch in gmPhraseWheel. Looks like Karsten has fixed that now and as far as
I am being told it runs without any known bugs.

Guess the next release will ship with MacOSX support. On Mac we might want to
interface to the fine OsiriX dicom viewer instead of xmedcon.

The GNUmed launcher we once had needs work. I have taken a look. It should be
doable for a Mac user. Some python libs and addon need to be replaced,
wxpython 2.8.3 added to the package. Unfortunately by default it uses
python2.3 which seems to lack the decimal module.

If anyone knows how to properly tell the OS to use python2.4 instead of
python2.3 let us know or edit the startup script inside the application
launcher bundle directly.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany