Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: HL7 support

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: HL7 support
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:00:12 +0200

Hello Jim, hello Stas,

> >Is HL7 support planned to be added to GnuMed?

Yes, import of HL7 lab results will eventually be added to
GNUmed, but it is not scheduled on the RoadMap yet.

Importing HL7 lab results is far more likely to appear in
GNUmed than other part of HL7 any time soon. We do have bits
of HL7 code floating around in the CVS tree but no one is
actively working on it.

If someone steps up and says:

"I want to import HL7 from such and such a lab. Sample files
are here. Here is a contact address for technical questions.
What else can I do to help?"

that would speed up inclusion of HL7 import tremendously.

Before anyone considers starting to code on this I'd suggest
investigating

- what is in our tree already ?
- can we re-use OSCAR code ?
- can we re-use CORBA code (there's something in the tree) ?
- can we re-use the MIRTH project somehow ?

Only then should we go about re-doing this ourselves if need be.

Hope that helps,