Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping on windows

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping on windows
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:46:39 +0200

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 20:17, Ruthard Baudach wrote:
> At the moment I gave up the idea of using a Windows postgesql server -
> just wanted to try the bdt import, and that's possible by exporting in
> Windows and transferring the file to a Linux machine,
Let's figure this out. It certainly works on my Windows test machine.

> But - I finally had a gnumed_v5 database, pgadmin showed me all postgresql
> roles that schould be there (the whole Enterprise medical crew et al.),
Good. Did you do that via the upgrade-db.bat script ?
> yet I cannot connect.
Please take a look at the pg_hba.conf and
They are linked directly from the start menu. Since it works for me there must
be some issue with your config files.

I am using postgresql 8.0.2 or something like that

> If I'm not mistaken, Windows does not support Unix
> sockets, thus leaving the connection type "local" useless, and there seems
> to be no ident server in windows, thus leyving the ident method of
> authentication useless. I tried host 127.0.0.1/32 and installed an identd
>  from dyndns.org, but was not able to connect.
The config file the entry for "Gnumed on windows machine" needs to have
127.0.0.1 in it. But you knew that. Furthermore what does the gnumed logfile
say.

> Being a declared Linux fan that's no problem for me, but as GNUmed wants
> to become software for all platforms, this problem should be solved one
> day.
Absolutely.
> I think, either I am mistaken, or the authentication method has to be
> changed someday.
Help me out on that one. What is there to change. I know little about all
that.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany