[Gnumed-devel] An GNUMed "etch install" questions

From: Piero BoisAubin
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] An GNUMed "etch install" questions
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have installed gnumed on etch recently and I am planning to test it.  The first thing I noticed is that the Debian package is well underway; well done Andreas, the software installed but the doc may need a bit more clarity on the database versions created.

After installing, I was able to use setup my own database and not using the one on the public server.  My questions are:

1- Should I be running with the latest version of the database created by the scripts?  Are other versions usable?
2- Do I need to verify that the latest version of the created database is being used; how do I verfy that?

I should note that I ran the scripts before realising there was a single script that does what the other 2 or 3 scripts do.  This is where the doc, in my opinion, may need some clean up.

Cheers

P. BoisAubin

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.