Re: [Gnumed-devel] An GNUMed "etch install" questions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] An GNUMed "etch install" questions
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 02:29:18 +0200

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 06:53:04AM -0700, Piero BoisAubin wrote:

> I have installed gnumed on etch recently and I am planning
> to test it.  The first thing I noticed is that the Debian
> package is well underway; well done Andreas, the software
> installed but the doc may need a bit more clarity on the
> database versions created.
The "gnumed-client" package does not install *any* database
version.

> After installing, I was able to use setup my own database
Good.

> 1- Should I be running with the latest version of the database created by the
> scripts?  Are other versions usable?
The client checks the database version at startup and
complains if it is not correct.

> 2- Do I need to verify that the latest version of the created database is
> being used; how do I verfy that?
Check the config file(s) which database it tells the client
to connect to.

> I should note that I ran the scripts before realising there was a single
> script that does what the other 2 or 3 scripts do.  This is where the doc, in
> my opinion, may need some clean up.
We are certainly willing to improve the docs. *Where* do you
see room for improvement ?