Re: [Gnumed-devel] Navigation in allergy manager

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Navigation in allergy manager
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:51:41 +0200

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 11:36:31PM +0200, Ruthard Baudach wrote:

> The allergy manager is fine.
>
> I miss a "close" button, of course th x in the upper right corner works as
> well, but its good usage to have a "close" button.
Well, "dismiss" does mean "close" in the context of this
dialog.

> Is there any reason to label the "cancel" button "dismiss"? Most english
> programs I know stick to "cancel".
That is because "dismiss" is not the same as "cancel". To
cancel implies aborting an action which typically includes
throwing away unsaved data. To dismiss (or close) on the
other hand simply closes/dismisses the widget/dialog/window
the button is clicked in.

It's probably a fine and fuzzy line.

> Navigating by the TAB key the radio buttons "allergy" and "sensitivity",
> as well as the buttuns "save", "clear", "delete" and "dismiss" cannot be
> reached; the fokus moves up and down but not circular - that's standard
> today in most programs.
The tab order isn't the greatest strength of wxPython. I'll
see what I can do.

> The buttons, check boxes, and radio buttons have no hotkeys - would be
> useful while typing.
Same here.