Re: [Gnumed-devel] meditux - compromed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] meditux - compromed
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 11:05:49 +0200

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 10:53:00AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> - Compromed itself is used as a billing module but is a
> "full" EMR programm.
My hope would be that whoever works on Compromed adds an API
to it which allows other OSS solutions to use it as a German
billing backend. I do have ideas how this API might look
like and I am very willing to discuss this where needed. I
don't have the resources to help with it, though.

Yes, there already IS an API (writing directly to Compromed
tables which are, sort of, open source). But Compromed could
be more useful than that - it could stop me from making
stupid mistakes when writing to those tables by offering an
API...  I believe that's what would make it a useful,
KBV-certifiable billing kernel.

> - After Compromed got bankrupt / stopped support  (i donŽt
> know for sure), Meditux (or better MultiData-GmbH, where the
> developers come from) bought it
I applaud them for it. I just wish it'd be used better.

> - Since their first ideas (i think in 2005) they replaced
> some parts of the old DOS-GUI of Compromed with
> QT4-GUI-Elements and developed a simple document management
> system.
GNUmed has a proven stable document system - unfortunately,
MultiData decided not to use it.

> So, its sad but true, that Meditux (or Compromed) is used
> in around 20 surgerys but is going down like "Titanic" - if
> it isnŽt already at the bottom of the sea. Afaik, the main
> developer of Meditux is receiving mails from the
> Gnumed-Devel List, too. Perhaps he can give an insight of
> their actual work.
That would be great. We (as in GNUmed) would love to
cooperate - with real code being written, not statements of
well-meaning being issued.

But I have been saying that for, what, years ?