Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed installation video

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed installation video
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:56:10 -0700

On May 14, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Two videos have been finished

client installation (10min)
http://www.gnumed.de/promotion/videos/gnumed_installation_best.avi

server installation (27minutes)
http://www.gnumed.de/promotion/videos/gnumed_server_wmv_media/ gnumed_server_wmv.wmv

both can be played without problems on GNU/Linux (mplayer) and MS Windows

Mac users:

Both .avi and .wmv files play nicely on Mac OS X using VideoLAN VLC media player downloadable from
   http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

The resulting disk image (.dmg) file, when mounted and opened, will contain the VLC application which can be dragged to your Mac's Application folder.

To download the files on a Mac, do not load the full URLs (** reason below) but instead go to the enclosing directory, and control-click or right-mouse click to download the files, and then open in VLC:
   http://www.gnumed.de/promotion/videos/

** reason: when I attempted to load the actual URLs in Macintosh browsers (Safari, Firefox), QuickTime prompts to locate "missing" QuickTime components. But as far as I know none will play the .avi inside QuickTime (although .wmvs *can* be played inside QuickTime after installing Flip4Mac's WMV player plugin)