Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.2.7

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.2.7
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:09:29 +0200

On Sunday 12 August 2007 10:38, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are seeing the next release coming up within the next
> couple of weeks. The big improvement is integration with
> OpenOffice.

Whoa , massive changelog in just about a week I haven't been home.

> GNUmed now interfaced OOo for letter writing and (limited)
> forms handling. This means that from within GNUmed one can
> select a letter template, have it be opened in OOo, have
> placeholders replaced by values taken from the GNUmed
> database, edit it in OOo and upon closing have it imported
> into GNUmed under a then-selected episode. The
> letter/document/form will then be available for viewing from
> within the usual document archive interface.
>
> IOW, OOo letter writing with placeholder transformation is
> now fully integrated with GNUmed.

I tested it. Maybe in Debian uno.py is found automatically . i.e. in
PYTHONPATH. On SUSE it is not.

For SUSE I have to add /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/program to $PYTHONPATH in
gm-from-cvs.sh

> Of course, the usual bugs will crop up here and there. We
> need testers to find them the sooner the better.

I updated my database from v6 to v7 without any glitches.

I chose correspondence from GNUmed's menu and whoa it opens OOO. But it seems
I have no template. How do I get one into the database. I didn't understand
the instructions in the new created ooo document.

Do we need some kind to plugin for template handling or is this overkill ?

Despite a growing number of people on the Wiki the vocal GNUmed community
seems rather quiet for the moment. Let's see if letter writing from GNUmed
(or Forms handling ) will do anything about that.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany