Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Re: [GENERAL] XMIN semantic at peril

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Re: [GENERAL] XMIN semantic at peril ?]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:06:32 +0000

you wouldn't need xmin checking if more effort was made by the postgresql people
to cater
for caching interactive clients , which would  be a significant group of pg
customers
i would have thought. e.g something like using savepoints, atomic commit/resume
transaction , the ability to read committed in order to reload , and the ability
to poll for change notification, so that you don't need another thread to listen
for notified changes, and you can use read committed to refresh cached values.
Too much to ask for ?

On Thu Oct 11 17:22 , Karsten Hilbert  sent: