Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu/gnumed unable to start

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu/gnumed unable to start
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:17:49 +0200

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:52:41AM +0800, Brian Walker wrote:

> I have recently re-started interest in Gnumed and upgraded my Ubuntu to 7.10.
> Issuing $gnumed command, I get this error message:
>
> Unhandled exception caught !
> | Type : <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
> | Value: 'module' object has no attribute 'SQL_IN'

> can you point me in the direction of a cause

The GNUmed package in Ubuntu is "rather old" while the
psycopg2 package apparently isn't. The current GNUmed code
contains a workaround for the psycopg2 v2.0.5 - v2.0.6
incompatibility but Ubuntu doesn't carry the updated GNUmed
code yet (Debian does).

> or solution?

Filing a "new upstream available" bug against the outdated
Ubuntu package may or may not help to get this resolved.

In the meantime one might try the Debian/Testing package or
else download the tgz release and run from any directory.