Re: [Gnumed-devel] Exploring XDT

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Exploring XDT
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:00:03 +0200

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 06:49:47PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> 1. the file patients.txt ... can there be multiple copies i.e. one on the
> legacy server machine, and one on the legacy client machine?
Yes.

> If yes, does
> GNUmed parse both, and provide the user with a combined list in the
> dropdown?
Yes.

> Is there a suggested practical limit to the number of names in
> the list, in order to avoid slowing down GNUmed if this is a risk?
It is a risk. There is a practical limit which I would
estimate at around 50 patients but it is machine-dependant.

> 2. does patients.txt support carrying a legacy machine uniqueID for the
> patient,
The legacy/external source importer can even attach a unique
source ID for sources which do not provide one.

> and is it supported (or should we then support it) as the GNUmed
> external_id?
It is supported.

> 2. is the file patients.txt usable to undertake a batch import in GNUmed?
Not currently. We would need to batch-call the import
method but that's it.