Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - on Mac OS X for real (GnuMed v 0.2.7.1)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - on Mac OS X for real (GnuMed v 0.2.7.1)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:50:33 +0100

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 11:46:45PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

Jim, first of all, thank you very much for your detailed
testing. I'm sure we'll be able to come up with better
packages over time working with your feedback.

> 1) the first and third times I tried to launch, I noted the "configuring
> GNUmed" progress thermometer opened, but it was too small... the progress
> text was overlapping the thermometer,
This is likely a wxPython on Mac issue but I will have a
look. It may have to do with the fact that we are inserting
linefeeds into the displayed text while the native Mac
Widget expects one line of text only.

> and then I got the GNUMed work area
> with tools listed along the bottom with the "inbox" coloured blue and at
> the top of the screen it said "Below find the new messages in your inbox"
> with 4 columns headed: <no header>, category, type, message, with no
> content displayed.
There may not be any messages which would explain the empty
list.

> Nowhere could I see a search box.
I gather later versions are better in this regard.

> Clicking various of the tools gave the following results:
> - Patient details: "Cannot switch to [tool]: no patient selected"
> - EMR tree: <same>
> - ...
> - Import Documents: <same>
That is intentionally: One cannot raise plugins which depend
on a patient being loaded.

> - xDT viewer: <brings forward Mac file-picker "Open file" dialog box set to
> the filer "Enable: xDT files (*.xDT)> ... interestingly this was pointing
> to the gnumed folder that I had previously installed on my Mac in September
Sure, it'll initially point at /your-home-dir/gnumed/xDT/  ;-)