Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: DICOM viewers (was Feedback)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: DICOM viewers (was Feedback)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:30:57 +0100

On Sonntag 30 Dezember 2007, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, James Busser wrote:
> > Our wiki lists PIL which I assumed might have been built into Sebastian's
> > bundled Mac GNUmed app... should Osirix also be needed, and is that true
> > for all platforms, or just Mac OS?
>
> Hmmm, I was told that having Osirix ported to other platforms would be
> a nicedream but nearly impossible.  So we have to relay on other DICOM
> viewers on other platforms.

That seems to be the case.
See here. We know nothing is impossible until it is impossible.

Someone who really needs this or has a financial interest might attempt this
for its feature set.

If the guys from CCC keep rocking like this year we might see Mac applications
on standard Linux. The next version of qemu supposedly will be able to
emulate OSX unmofified. Not that this is legal.

But the point is that we will support many options, hopefully through a
generic framework.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany