Re: [Gnumed-devel] Server v8 installed on Mac screenshot

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Server v8 installed on Mac screenshot
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 22:34:19 +0100

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 09:42:56AM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> A bit of a busy screenshot but I thought maybe worthwhile.
Always.

> above PostgreSQL.mpkg is "Query Tool for Postgres" which may be of some
> use.
With it one can explore the GNUmed database without help of
the client.

> 3. To the upper right can be seen my Applications folder containing the
> binary Mac GNUmed_0.2.8.0 bundled by Sebastian, which I launched and opened
> selecting "GNUmed database on this machine (Linux)" with success. I suppose
> the option can be relabeled (*nix) or (Linux/Mac) :-)

Not *quite* yet by the evidence presented so far. Up to this
point the client hasn't attempted to actually connect to any
database yet. It just shows that it can be started up at all.

Neverthelesse, great success ! It proves that not just
Sebastian can get this running on a Mac and that his package
works to at least some degree.