Re: [Gnumed-devel] Server v8 installed on Mac screenshot

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Server v8 installed on Mac screenshot
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:43:19 +0100

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:23:24PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

>>> ... the
>>> binary Mac GNUmed_0.2.8.0 bundled by Sebastian, which I launched and
>>> opened
>>> selecting "GNUmed database on this machine (Linux)" with success.
>>
>> Not *quite* yet by the evidence presented so far. Up to this
>> point the client hasn't attempted to actually connect to any
>> database yet. It just shows that it can be started up at all.
>
> I think you are simply being precise
That would be me, yes, however, ...

> that the screenshot was not, by itself, a proof.
I trust that a screenshot presented by you isn't fake so
that's not really what I mean.

> If more than my report is required to justify updating the client login
> popup from
>
>       GNUmed database on this machine (Linux)

>       GNUmed database on this machine (Linux/Mac OS)
>
> let me know ;-)

What I'm saying is that the client being able to display the
login dialog with the dropdown list as shown in the
screenshot does not (even if running live in front of me)
prove that the client can *indeed* connect to a database.
Only when a profile was selected and "Login" clicked and the
workplace plugins successfully loaded on screen would one
think that logging in seems successful.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you were saying ?