Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - on Mac OS X for real (GnuMed v 0.2.7.1)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - on Mac OS X for real (GnuMed v 0.2.7.1)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 12:46:53 +0100

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 02:12:22AM -0800, James Busser wrote:

>>> - screenshot "GnuMed_Mac_launched.png" showing GnuMed on Mac noting
>>> that the top of the screen may be rendered out of view up behind the
>>> Mac menu bar, also the date in the bottom right corner seems cut off
>>> slightly
>> Interesting. I have to take a closer look. Since I assume that this time
>> the
>> package does not use your local wxpython installation I am unsure why this
>> problem exists.
>
> This problem is now back, but it is only back when I connect to the db at
> salaam, it does not haunt me when I connect to my loclaly-installed
> database.
>
> I am wondering whether the problem (temporarily) went away at salaam
> immediately after Karsten bootstrapped a new version of the db a handful of
> days ago, and maybe the problem is back because a different person than me
> has logged in using any-doc, anydoc and somehow the backend is storing some
> window size and then fetching it back as part of rendering the GUI windows?

Exactly, that's it. When people connect to the public server
they resize their window to whatever suits them. This gets
saved back to the (public) database on client exit. The
value is stored for each user for each workplace. However,
since we all connect to the public server with any-doc and
with the "GNUmed Default" workplace we each see the most
recently used window size. Hence the changing size and it
being too big at times and not at others. You should be able
to resize GNUmed to fit your screen when you run the client.

Locally, it doesn't change because it is just you who
connects.