Re: [Gnumed-devel] Windows installer feedback

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Windows installer feedback
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:59:06 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:50:05 -0800
> Von: James Busser <address@hidden>
> An: GNUmed list <address@hidden>
> Betreff: [Gnumed-devel] Windows installer feedback

> Suggest:
>
> 1. Can the GNUmed prerequisites compressed folder be modified and re-
> uploaded to remove the Windows Postgres installer since it is only
> needed by the subset wishing to install a GNUmed server on their
> local machine. These people can simply read down the page to "Step 3"
> and link to DatabaseOnWindows page

Yes. Will do that tonight.

> 2. Clarify what is required to install the bundled Twain software.
> Sourceforge appears to label the zipped Twain 1.0.3 file as a
> "binary" however when one decompress it, one finds inside the
> directory no clear installer! A text file "Install" says as below. Am
> I missing something? Is the user supposed to run a command from the
> windows command shell, or from inside Python, and is there some
> requirement to do this "from" inside the enclosing directory?
>
> Installing twainmodule
> ======================
>
> (Build instructions courtesy of Kurt Anderson.)
>

> 1. If you did not download the binary distribution, build the module
>     from source following the direction below.
>
> 2. Run: python setup.py install

They don't provide an installer yet. I will see if I can build one. I guess I
can use distutils to do that as this would make installation really easy.

All one needs to do is take the *.pyd file and drop it the lib/site-packages
directory of python (e.g. c:\python2.5)

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html