Re: [Gnumed-devel] Feedback on GNUmed-client.0.2.8.0.dmg for Mac OS

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Feedback on GNUmed-client.0.2.8.0.dmg for Mac OS
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:25:04 +0100

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 12:50:10AM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> 0.2.8.0 on Intel suffers the same display problem while showing status of
> plug-in modules being loaded
>
> 0.2.8.0 on Intel opens with better-formed and properly positioned windows
> ... still shows some incorrectly-formed rectangles (see lower corners) but
> *much* better!
That should be resolved by resizing the window.

> ... it is now possible to see, and use, the patient search field
> ... searching for Kirk still shows 2 matches (are these 2 distinct persons
> in database?)
> ... searching for Ki Ja shows 6 matches (3 instances of each of 2 distinct
> persons in database?)
> ... searching for Ja Ki shows the same 6 matches
They are all the same patient just found by different
queries run against the databse. In 0.2.9 the duplicates are
weeded out before display.

> I tried the Tools > Snellen chart command which did pop open a "Snellen
> Chart Setup" window however triggered a GNUmed exception handler.
Should be fixed.

> The
> handler did allow me to enter/edit in the Comment field however the "View
> log" button remains unresponsive... when I clicked "Send report", the next
> window did pop open and I accepted the option to include the log and, after
> apparent processing, I was returned to the original exception handler
> window. This makes it hard to know whether a report had in fact been sent.
> Is it desirable for the exception handler to default to "Send report"  and
> perhaps code it so that after this is clicked, the default button becomes
> "Keep running"?
I will add more prominent feedback by way of a status
message.

> After the Snellen exception, I continued to run GNUmed, though could not
> get the Snellen window to do anything (clicking OK just dismissed it and
> changing settings within it appeared to make no difference).
That is why the handler warns about unexpected behaviour.
The internal state of Python isn't computationally
guarantueed anymore.