Re: [Gnumed-devel] Storage and and representation (formatting?) of past

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Storage and and representation (formatting?) of past history items
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:50:56 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 12:38:45PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> When items are added via EMR > Medical History > Past History does this
> keep a 1:1 correspondence with items that are displayed in the EMR tree
> without any triangle beside them?
All Past History Items will appear as first level items in
the EMR tree with or without child indicator. Active issues
are bold, sorting is alphabetically on issue label.

> In other words, would items that were
> entered via progress notes always appear either in free-standing episodes
> or in their own line *with* triangles beside them to show that they are
> episodes with 1 or more encounters?
Progress note items would appear as belonging to either

- a freestanding episode
- an episode belonging to a health issue

root
 issue
  episode
   encounter
  episode
   encounter
 issue
  episode
   encounter

> When items are added via above menu, does this activity create an
> encounter?
No. But it makes the current encounter stay by actually
adding data to it.

> It looks that way from the log but I was not paying attention so
> do not know if the encounter that appears in the log was started by my
> entry of any progress notes (even on unrelated items) or if it is a
> consequence of finding and selecting Kirk that an encounter is created.
The latter.

It doesn't matter whether you enter data or not in any way.
If you pull up a chart you create an encounter. However,
empty encounters (in which no data was added) will be
auto-deleted sometime later.