Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions EMR_MedicalHx_, GNUmed_IFAP, Off

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions EMR_MedicalHx_, GNUmed_IFAP, Office_Appts
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:46:53 +0100

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:49:26PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> On 14-Jan-08, at 3:38 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>> The "fun" I described applies to demographics information -
>> which already IS being refreshed automatically. Documents
>> would be another area which already refreshes itself. Add a
>> document here, see it there.
>
> I agree that the above are high-value. Whereas the doctor should be aware
> if a patient is *scheduled* to see some other clinical person (a nurse or
> dietician) in the practice, the doctor would be unaware that just-in-time
> information may be getting entered, for example a worker may be happening
> to scan documents that pertain to the patient in the examination room, and
> it is nice that this would refresh automatically.
Yep, that's what happens and it's one use case we were
thinking of (because I have that use case in my practice,
happened twice this morning alone).

> Would new messages in the inbox refresh automatically?
Lemme check ...

        gnumed_v9=> SELECT * from gm.notifying_tables;
         pk | schema_name |    table_name     |     signal     |
carries_identity_pk

----+-------------+-------------------+----------------+---------------------
          8 | dem         | provider_inbox    | provider_inbox | f

... yep, table sends signals on changes ...

        def __register_interests(self):
                gmDispatcher.connect(signal = u'provider_inbox_mod_db',
receiver = self._on_provider_inbox_mod_db)
        def _on_provider_inbox_mod_db(self, *args, **kwargs):
                wx.CallAfter(self._schedule_data_reget)
                gmDispatcher.send(signal = u'request_user_attention', msg =
_('Please check your GNUmed Inbox !'))

... and the provider inbox code listens for them, too. It
even signals arrival of new messages to the user.

> Lab data?
We don't handle them yet but, yes, they will !