[Gnumed-devel] Python menu "About GNUmed" and Help > GNUmed contributors

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Python menu "About GNUmed" and Help > GNUmed contributors
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:06:03 -0800

I don't think we are (necessarily) implying --- in the Help menu --- that help should be pursued from the GNUmed contributors.

Would it make sense to unify the acknowledgements in one place, such as the "About GNUmed?"

If this is better delayed until later I could suggest the easy short term approach being:

1) move Help > GNUmed contributors to the bottom of this menu, below a dotted separator line

2) above the dotted separator line insert a new Help menu option "User guide" which I suggest points to

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/GnumedManual#UserGuideInManual

3) when there is more time add

        Help > With current plugin

As soon as a suitable wiki page is identified as a target for each plug-in, is there a way for the client to choose the URL based on the plugin that is currently raised to the front of the screen? Is it possible that the URL could be written into each plugin but is it better to for this to be stored and maintained somewhere else... a config file or in the backend?