[Gnumed-devel] Import documents screen labelling suggestions

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Import documents screen labelling suggestions
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:00:34 -0800

We previously acknowledged that a report that would print on a single piece of paper could include multiple "parts" consisting of one or more text and graphic objects which may have been disassembled (in transit) into distinct files.

This explains why our Import documents widget already says "pick file (s)". This allows to build "one" document in GNUmed in a way that can keep together its parts.

I noticed, however, that when I open a 3-page pdf, what shows in the right-side listing is

        page 1: GNUmed PDF test import

Even though it contains 3 pages. Can we

1) change the widget labels for the right half of the screen to say "Parts" instead of Pages
2) change the listing of scanned/picked items be changed from
        page 1:  <filename>
        part 1: <filename>
3) change the buttons beneath from
        "show page, delete page" to
        "Show part", "Delete part"

I ask the above without being able to test how scanning behaves. If a person would be connected to a scanner and placed 3 sheets of paper in the input tray and clicked "scan pages" I am not sure if the widget would hold and show a single item, or 3 individual items but they could still be named

        part 1:
        part 2:
        part 3:

PS may as well adjust case on "scan page(s)" to "Scan page(s)" and "pick file(s)" to "Pick file(s)" if that is agreable.