Re: [Gnumed-devel] Lab import (data) workflow planning

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Lab import (data) workflow planning
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:06:25 +0100

> > It might well make sense to have HAPI/Mirth import all data into
> > clin.incoming_data_unmatched and have a (GNUmed-side) demon go over
> > *that* and produce candidates moving unambigous matches into clinical
> > tables. Makes sense, yes. Would need to be triggered somehow, however.
>
> On insert?
That would still need either a demon continously listening on insertion
of data. Prone to accidentally not be up and running when it would've
been needed most.

> ... or Mirth (or the script that access HAPI) may be able to "chain"
> to (trigger) the GNUmed script?
Daisy-chaining to the "retriever" component - that would be a good way,
yes. Just-in-time. Seems to follow the principle of least surprise.
New data there - run post-processor - notify admin on apparent failure.
Me likes.

BTW, I have started to Wiki some of this ... Please keep the "initial
implementation" manageable ;-)

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/PathResultsTodo