[Gnumed-devel] Elipse for GNUmed

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Elipse for GNUmed
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:20:09 +0100

The number of people taking a look at GNUmed is increasing by the month. One
would assume that some would like to look at the code as well but have a hard
time doing so. While many tech savvy know their way around ssh, cvs and shell
scripts many are using MS Windows and know little about these tools. While I
mostly develop on GNU/Linux I sometimes need access to GNUmed on Windows and
MacOS X. On these platforms I use Eclipse. To ease the start we now share a
prepackaged distribution as packaged on demand by Yoxos.

Get the file eclipse-win32-gnumed.zip from
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/prerequisites

This distribution contains everything you need to get you hands dirty with
GNUmed. It has an integrated python development environment. It has tools to
look at and manipulate the database tables and it makes it painless to alway
get the latest code or a specific release from the source code repository.
One can even produce binary Windows installer packages for GNUmed.

For an easy start it has the source code for GNUmed included already. Download
the package here and let us know what you think.

Prior to running Eclipse you need to make sure JAVA ist installed.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany