Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Ok, so where are you up to with HL7

From: Dave Cramer
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Ok, so where are you up to with HL7
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:39:55 -0400

On 10-Mar-08, at 1:45 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

One of the available (reportedly usable) wheels is called Mirth,
which,
however, seems to require special screwdrivers for mounting which can be purchased from Mirth Inc. You are allowed to mount it without them
but you must forge and weld your own tools without blueprints.

A big part of what they use is hapi which I used in the code I
uploaded. This does all of the parsing.

The second part of what they use is Mule, this is pretty easy to use
on it's own. Mirth seems to have done a fine job of obsfucation
That's a pity.

There is a fairly small jump from my code to putting it in the db.
Great.

What we would need is a set of rules on how to deal with various lab
results.
Can you elaborate a bit on this as to what you need to know ?

Pick an example result and we'll go from there.

There is an example in the files I sent. What I'd like for someone to do is to tell me what do do with each line of that example.

That might be a good start.

We have to answer a few other questions after that.

1) What to do about pre-processing to make sure the phone number etc get accepted. 2) Do we want to use Mule or not. It's pretty cool but kind of a big hammer for the job.

Dave

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden