Re: [Gnumed-devel] Public server

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Public server
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:37:07 +0100

On Samstag 22 März 2008, Thomas Holzmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to try Gnumed, but unfortunately I cannot connect to the
> public database. I've tried it with username any-doc and password
> any-doc and also with username any-doc and no password on ubuntu gutsy
> and with the live cd but it did not work.
>
> So how can I connect to the public database?
I suspect you hit a known issue. Please tell us which version of GNUmed you
are currently using.

I suppose you have followed these instructions to get GNUmed 0.2.8.2 on your
system ?

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/UbuntuGuideShort

If so please check for the file /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf
and verify that the port option in this file is 5432 and not 5433.

Please report back with your results.

> BTW, it would also be useful if this is in the wiki.

It is ... Or am I missing something here ?

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany