Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:06:58 +0200

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:04:20PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> Screenshot feedback:
>
> - beneath Kirk's name, there appears a partly-formed rectangular button
> (?) or am I misinterpreting? (screenshot attached)

Richards original design included on concept: "common"
action buttons (such as Save) are to be put into a "ribbon"
toolbar at the top above the actual plugin. The rationale is
re-use of screen real estate and consistency.

Plugins can install any toolbar they want. Currently only
the "View Documents" plugin actually implements the approach
with a "view document" button.

The rectangular section you see is the empty toolbar. I am
rethinking how to best use this place. I do like the concept
of the toolbar. We do, however, want more demographics
details (such as primary address, primary GP) displayed in
the top panel, too. Customarily the toolbar sits right where
such information is usually displayed. We'll see.