Re: [Gnumed-devel] Anonymous cvs checkout problem from Mac OS

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Anonymous cvs checkout problem from Mac OS
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 07:28:18 -0700

On 9-May-08, at 12:34 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

On Donnerstag 08 Mai 2008, James Busser wrote:
I do have CVS installed (which did require installing extra packages
from the Mac OS installer disks).

However when I ran

        export CVS_RSH="ssh"

        cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnumed co
gnumed

I got the following:

cvs checkout: warning: failed to open /Users/djb/.cvspass for
reading: No such file or directory
? gnumed/.DS_Store
? gnumed/export
? gnumed/logs
<SNIP>
cvs checkout: Updating gnumed/test-area/oscarlab/src/test
MacBook:~ djb$ cd /gnumed/client/

This looks to me like it nevertheless did checkout the files !?

I am not sure the significance of all the "?"s but it did seem to run until the point when I got the CVS HEAD alert/error concerning the database version incompatibility and timestamp incompatibilities.

when I later re-ran cvs *two* more times, the above checkout warning went away... dunno if it had anything to do with cvs initialization... resulting in the following (and thanks, I may get around to eclipse later)

Last login: Thu May  8 15:07:48 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
MacBook:~ djb$ export CVS_RSH="ssh"MacBook:~ djb$ cvs -z3 - d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnumed co gnumed
cvs checkout: Updating gnumed
U gnumed/.cvsignore