[Gnumed-devel] Re: GMUmed Logo

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GMUmed Logo
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 20:27:28 +0200

On Montag 26 Mai 2008, you wrote:
Hi Bas,

> I'm a student at the WDK art academy Rotterdam (Graphic Design). You were
> probably contacted by Gijs Hillenius before. I've selected your open source
> project to create a logo. Check the attachment for a .pfd with the first
> sketches.
>
> When I looked at the GMU wiki page/website the first thing I noticed was
> the red crossed image (wrong link/deep link). I think it would be
> interesting to use this in combination with the red cross-logo witch is
> well known all around the world, because we're talking about a medical
> application here. To avoid problems I made the cross (+) slightly rounded.

Thanks for you work. Just to let you know we have opted not to have anything
like the red cross as we fear liability issues. We are medical but we are a
community as well so anything that deals with medical stuff, people ,
patients or health in general, even education is good to go.
We are not even focused on a clear medical artwork. A crisp logo that
represents some of the above would be perfect.

> If you like the idea I can make a more proper version
> (fine-tuning/changes/feedback), I don't mind the effort. I would appreciate
> all feedback; I think it could become a great logo in the end. I can send
> the logo in .SVG or .PNG when finished.

The formats are highly appreciated. We are greatful for the input and will
have a hard time to select the right one.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany