[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: RE: desiging GNUmed logo

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: RE: desiging GNUmed logo
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:56:03 +0200

FYI
Please comment
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany
[www.gnumed.de]  -> PGP welcome, HTML ->/dev/null
--- Begin Message --- Subject: RE: desiging GNUmed logo Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:10:18 +0200
Hello Sebastian,

sorry that it has been taken so long to send you an email back. I have been in Berlin for a week so everything is a little bit delayed.
I have designed a logo that I think stands for what GNUmed is. The icon is an abstract form of an atom, the foundation of al lot of things. GNU and med are connected with eachother, but I used two fonts to show that GNUmed is a combination of two different words.
If you have any other suggestions about the logo please let me know, and i’ll see what i can do for you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Miriam Thijssen

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: desiging GNUmed logo
> Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:24:50 +0200
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
>
> On Dienstag 20 Mai 2008, you wrote:
> > Dear Sebastian,
>
> Hi all,
>
> Let me first thank you for your kind offer to help GNUmed with a logo.
>
> What is GNUmed ?
> GNUmed stands for GNU and medical. GNU is an acronym and represents a free
> software culture. More can be found on Wikipedia.
>
> An overview over why medical software should be free and what other free
> software efforts exist can be found at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_healthcare_software
>
> There are some doctors that believe that electronic health records need to be
> special and that access to data must always be possible, regardless of vendor
> help or charges.
>
> We aim to develop an EMR for small office of up to 3 or five doctors. This can
> be in Africa or US or Europe. We have no design requirements. It should be
> easy to understand and crisp. No color preference. No hospital related
> artwork please and no red cross.
>
> Some more technical information is available from wiki.gnumed.de
> >
> > I am a graphic design student from the Willem De Kooning Academy in
> > Rotterdam, The Netherlands and it would be a personal challenge to
> > design the logo for GNUmed.
> > First i have a question to ask, what does GNU stand for?
> >
> > If you are interested and want to tell me some information
> > that might contribute to the design of logo
> > please reply within 48 hours.
>

> > sincerely,
> > Amy Wu
> > It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
> > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL="">> >2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2F
> >ai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT
>

> --
> Sebastian Hilbert
> Leipzig / Germany
> [www.gnumed.de] -> PGP welcome, HTML ->/dev/null