Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: karte lesen

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: karte lesen
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:23:17 +0200

Hi eddy,

>  karte lesen

I would assume you mean KVK, the German
Krankenversichertenkarte ?

For that you need to install the package "gnumed-client-de"
as well, which takes care of installing the software to
access smart cards. It does need some configuration, too.
When you need help with that feel free to ask back on the
list.

Apart from that we recommend installing the upgraded Ubuntu
GNUmed packages as described here:

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/UbuntuGuideShort

because they contain quite a few bug fixes.

In any case, the log file you sent does not contain any card
related errors or actions ? In fact, GNUmed failed to let
you log in:

> 2008-06-21 12:32:30  [WARN]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   login attempt 1/3 failed
> 2008-06-21 12:32:30  [WARN]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   exception value: PostgreSQL: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
> 2008-06-21 12:32:30  [DATA]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   cAuthenticationError: PostgreSQL: fe_sendauth: no password
> supplied<#10-0x0A-lf>DSN: dbname=gnumed_v8 host=salaam.homeunix.com port=5432
> user=any-doc sslmode=prefer<#10-0x0A-lf>
> 2008-06-21 12:32:30  [ERROR]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   Anmeldung bei Datenbank fehlgeschlagen:  PostgreSQL: fe_sendauth: no
> password supplied DSN: dbname=gnumed_v8 host=salaam.homeunix.com port=5432
> user=any-doc sslmode=prefer  Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut oder brechen Sie
> ab.

you didn't give any password (the password for any-doc is
any-doc, too)

> 2008-06-21 12:33:38  [WARN]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   login attempt 2/3 failed
> 2008-06-21 12:33:38  [WARN]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   exception type : <class 'Gnumed.pycommon.gmPG2.cAuthenticationError'>
> 2008-06-21 12:33:38  [WARN]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   exception value: PostgreSQL: FATAL:  password authentication failed for
> user "any-doc"
> DSN: dbname=gnumed_v8 host=salaam.homeunix.com port=5432 user=any-doc
> password=prefer sslmode=prefer

I am not sure how the "prefer" really got their for
password. Did you type that into the password field ?

> 2008-06-21 12:34:19  [PANIC]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   unhandled exception caught
> 2008-06-21 12:34:19  [PANIC]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   exception type : <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
> 2008-06-21 12:34:19  [PANIC]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   exception value: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in position
> 5: ordinal not in range(128)
> 2008-06-21 12:34:19  [PANIC]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   Traceback (most recent call last):<#10-0x0A-lf>
> 2008-06-21 12:34:19  [PANIC]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>     File
> "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py", line
> 595, in OnHelp<#10-0x0A-lf>    print _("You need to set the option
> [workplace] -> <help desk> in the config file !")<#10-0x0A-lf>
> 2008-06-21 12:34:19  [PANIC]
> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in
> position 5: ordinal not in range(128)<#10-0x0A-lf>

You then hit "Help" which is quite logical but unfortunately
the combination of Ubuntu having the old buggy package of
version 0.2.8.2 and them not providing a decent
configuration file provokes this Unicode error. This is one
of the errors fixed in later releases.

Please retry using "any-doc" as the password and feel free
to ask back on the list if any problems show up.

Do you know about our live-cd which can be downloaded from here ?

        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/live-cd/