Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping database problem

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping database problem
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:01:30 +0200

On Mittwoch 16 Juli 2008, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Karsten Hilbert schrieb:
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:37:28PM +0200, Florian Hubold wrote:
> >> I only overtook the gnumed-server package from Paul Grinberg, and
> >> adapted it to mandriva. Again, those problem should then be in all
> >> gnumed-server packages, as they are build upon the spec of Paul
> >> Grinbergs package,
> >
> > Well, that assumption - theoretically - is a bit fragile
> > because different distributions may have different default
> > access rights so what Paul did may or may not be sufficient
> > for other distributions. However, GNUmed operates under sane
> > basic assumptions such that, practically, it would be
> > expected to work with all distros.
>
> As far as i checked, all the gnumed-server rpm packages are based on the
> package from Paul Grinberg, so most of them should suffer from one problem
> or the other. I've attached a diff against the latest gnumed-server
> package i
> could find, it's for Suse Factory, i think. My package is for mandriva,
> so the differences to other distributions should be checked, also.
>
> Why not have a call on the mailing list for testing the gnumed-server
> packages?
>
> Also attached the logs from the bootstrapping process which now
> succeeds. Yay! 8-)

Hi Florian. thanks a bunch for your work. I did not catch that error because
when I tested on OpenSUSE the package was installed on my system already.

I will go and fix that. The are packages for mandriva, fedora and opensuse in
the buildservice. Which set of files should we keep for mandriva ?

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany