Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simple Invoices for billing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simple Invoices for billing
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:42:52 +0200

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 03:09:04PM +0200, Gour wrote:

> I know that bigger clinics requires stuff like SQL-ledger or LedgerSMB
> for their billing, but I'm sure that for smaller & non GP clinics
> something like Simple Invoices (http://www.simpleinvoices.org/) might be
> enough.
Sure, that might work.

> It's PHP/
> MySQL
No :-)

I'd think it a waste of resources to run yet another
database server on a machine. PostgreSQL is already running,
so one might rather choose an invoicing solution which
supports that.

> application and probably there are ways to make them
> understand each other?
Well, PHP/MySQL is just as easy/hard to interface to
Python/PostgreSQL as Java/ZopeDB would be. It can be made to
work but PHP/MySQL doesn't make it easier in any special way.

Billing is a rather difficult topic but perhaps some basic
leverage can be had.