Re: [Gnumed-devel] Starting with Gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Starting with Gnumed
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 21:08:51 +0200

Hello Rogerio,

welcome on this list and I hope GNUmed can help fill your needs.

> my name is Rogerio Luz, I am a Mediccal Doctor in Brasil and I am starting a
> private practice based on general/family medicine and Acupuncture.
That's what GNUmed is for.

> I am running a Debian testing (Lenny) machine and have just now managed to
> install and configure both Gnumed and PostgreSQL 8.3 to have a localhost
> database on my PC.
Great.

> (by the way the install local database process could
> warrant a little step-by-step review ... if I had not been a little
> ccomputer literate it would have been impossible to understand).
Could you point out how to improve the docs ? You may also
improve the docs yourself on the wiki if you wish.

> I would like to get invvolved in the translation and the documentation for
> customization of GNUmed.
Sure, that help would be most welcome ! What would you like
to start with ? For translation on Debian we recommend using
"poedit". Also install gettext to have access to other
translation tools.

> I speak fluent English and Portuguese and my main goal is to implement a
> fully workable GNUmed in portuguese
I will send you a file ready for translation off list. If
you translate this (or even parts of it) just send it back
to me and I'll check it into CVS. Please set the encoding to
UTF-8 and the language to, well, pt_BR :-)    As said above
I find poedit to be a nice translation tool.

Feel free to ask about the meaning of strings here on the
list. Some are not immediately obvious ...

> with some alteration on the current version.
That should be interesting.

> I have just sent some problems taht have arisen from my first few tries to
> include my "paper" patients.
I will answer in a separate thread.

> I hope this e-mail is a good start.
Absolutely !

> I want to read the user's manual before
> being more expliccit on any problems I currently have to work with the
> database and the client :)
Looking forward to hearing from you.