[Gnumed-devel] Re: using DVCS

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using DVCS
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:43:23 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> Andreas problably means: diversion from getting work done

I replied 'cause you said that "most of the programming is done by
yourself" and therefore you are the one most competent to choose
appropriate DVCS ;)

From my side, I'm  suggesting moving to DVCS not to create diversion,
but just the opposite - so that more work can be done more easily.

By following the above argument, we'd all still code in asssembler in
order to get things done and not be diverted :-)

Karsten> Andreas is the founder of Custom Debian Distributions and the
Karsten> Father of DebianMed. I doubt he'll move to Windows just so :-)

Yeah, I stumbled upon Debian-med when looking for open-source EMR apps.

Karsten> However, I dare believe if Windows is the tool to get the job
Karsten> done he'll be fearless and use it for a specific purpose.

Heh, here we differ - although I had lot of pain to run everything on
Linux (let's just mention codepage problems), I wouldn't support Windows
out principle ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D