[Gnumed-devel] Bazaar branch(es)(was Re: using DVCS)

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Bazaar branch(es)(was Re: using DVCS)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:35:30 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Hi!

Karsten> I know and I believe it's a valid suggestion. I think we a)
Karsten> will benefit from switching and b) when we switch should
Karsten> carefully consider what to switch to.

In order not to just 'distract' devs, I decided to convert CVS repo to
bzr.

First tried with cvsps-import plugin, but not being quite familiar it
was failing - complaining about too old CVS, although my version was
newer :-/

Then I went to the good old route with Tailor and my desktop machine is
still using its precious cycles to migrate the whole CVS history - atm
it's at revision ~ #3660.

Howeve, while waiting for migration to be finished after which I'll put
it on Launchpad, I was quite surprised that someone was quicker than me
;)

Sebastian (thank you) is doing some nice job on Launchpad - see

https://launchpad.net/gnumed and you can bzr GNUmed trunk with:

bzr branch lp:gnumed

Still, as I wrote above, I'll run my tailor conversion till the end
'cause, afaik, it will provide the whole GNUmed history.

Karsten> Well, "codepage problems" are inherent to the whole affair and
Karsten> not a problem created by specifics of GNUmed.

Right. I just mentioned it as a 'proof' of my persistence to stay with
Linux :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D