Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:36:46 +0200

> Posiibillity #3 (auditing): data are written to database, available to
> everyone, changes are allowed and audited, changed field carries a flag
> like 'has_history', and this history can be displayed on demand.
> advantages:
> +data are available immediately for all
> +ability to see the history of changes may be itself valuable
> +does not change current data entry method
> disadvantages:
> -possibly large auditing tables, storing every change, even typo
> corrections
>
> The 3rd possibility is what I expected Gnumed to have when I started
> evaluating it, and I like it this way.

You are correct. This is how GNUmed works. EXCEPT that handling editing of
existing
SOAP narrative is not implemented yet. It will be implemented in 0.4 (famous
last words :-)

> I understand that data consistency
> has
> greatest priority, but then comfort of use is right behind. Blocking of
> data
> change is necessary as long as we have no auditing, but we have auditing
> (haven't we?).
We do, indeed.

Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03