Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tree view formatting

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tree view formatting
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:05:49 +0200

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 01:25:48PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Why is the visualization on tree view so un-friendly.
Because it is a simple text-only display.

> When I look at my patient records there is dificulty seeing what and where
> the history begins, what and where sould I look for the Assesment fields,
> etc.

This certainly isn't the case with the 0.3 series as the
attached screenshot shows.

> I think that some bold headers
The text control does not allow for bold.

> and some spaces after each field header would
> improve visibility to an enourmous extent. Maybe even some line making a
> distinction between the S and O field (and etc...). Now the fields
> start imediatley after the system header, so it reads something like this
>
> 2008-10-08 RogLuz:SMOKING - tring to quit
> - aoushfuioahsdfuhlhuiahfah
> - oaisdhfouiahfoiahfoihaofhads
>
> when I could see that the best way of displaying this informations should
> be:
>
> 2008-10-08 RogLuz:
>
> SMOKING - trying to quit
>
> - çaojshfoahsfjkahsdfkjha
> -çaosidfçokahfçlkahfçlkahf

Everyone will have a different idea of what it "should" be.
When the time comes and the display to the right of the tree
is rewritten it will be based on a widget that allows for
better formatting, probably HTML. At which point it will
support template based formatting whereupon everyone can
entertain their own "should" :-)

> This is not a request to make formating AVAILABLE to the physician who is
> editing the record in the first place , but a form of making the PROGRAM
> display this formatting in some way
I understand and I do acknowledge that a) your request in
principle and b) exactly *what* you request is reasonable,
indeed.

> (is this even remotely possible?)
Sure :-)

One thing to remember, however, is that we need to focus
more (not exclusively) on getting functionality done first.