Re: access to review audits (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit befor

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: access to review audits (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:43:18 +0200

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 01:04:56PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> If I got this DATABASE giberish right ... what you are asking is if a review
> in test results should show in the journal view of a medical record...

Not quite. What GNUmed currently does is:

1) test results without a review are notified in
   - the results viewer
   - the inbox of the intended reviewer

2) both the EMR journal as well as the tree view display existing reviews
   - in other words, if no review is displayed there is none

3) if a test *result* is changed, any associated review is deleted
   - this makes the test result unreviewed again, see above

4) if a test *review* is changed the previous reviewer is notified

The question here is:

When a review is auto-deleted due to the test result being
changed (see 3) the previous review will not show up anymore
for the standard user (it will be kept in the audit log,
however). As long as no new review is stored the result will
be unreviewed (again). This is quite logical. However, it
may be of value to still have accessible some indication of
the previous review. A solution for this would be to add a
pseudo progress note to the EMR saying:

"test result modified, existing review (abnormal - not significant)
auto-deleted"

This would end up as a standard SOAP row and be displayed
with other parts of the progress notes, NOT as part of any
future review.

Whether or not THAT is wanted/needed is the question at hand...