Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed.log

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed.log
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:02:59 +0200

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 08:34:07AM -0400, Geordie wrote:

> While messing around this morning trying to get another program to work, this
> seems to be a full time career, I found this. It is amazing what you find
> whan you ask for hidden files other than that I would not have found it.

Well, the file itself isn't hidden but the directory it is
in is -- you wouldn't want your home dir listing be
cluttered by all sorts of directories for applications
storing user-specific state.

Now, let's see:

Basically all the log tells us that GNUmed started up fine
but that the ...

> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>  user cancelled login dialog

... upon which GNUmed decided that ...

> (/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiMain.py:address@hidden):
>  Login attempt unsuccessful. Can't run GNUmed without database connection

Please retry starting GNUmed and actually logging into the
public database and send us the log for that. That'll give
us more hints. Be sure to enable "debugging" in the login
dialog.