Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Install help

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Install help
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:30:34 +0200

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:45:08PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Just a coment, when I tried to netinstall via user, it asks for the
> password, but if my user is not on the sudoers list (as mine isn´t) it will
> crash the installer, then it is better to install directly as root. Then you
> have to put the gnumed.conf from /root/.gnumed to /home/user/.gnumed and it
> all works fine :)

Aah, now it makes sense to me why you did the gnumed.conf copy ...

However, it should not matter which user one does the
net_install-gnumed_*server* as because that got nothing to
do with the *client*. Geordie has the client properly
installed via the Debian package.

But, yeah, if he isn't on the sudoers list then the server
installer will fail unless run as root directly.

Thanks for the hint.