Re: fields in health issues (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] NEW TOPIC - FEATURES

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: fields in health issues (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] NEW TOPIC - FEATURES)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 17:59:50 +0200

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 08:40:30AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>> Personally, I would create health issues "habits" and "fam
>> hx" and create appropriate episodes thereunder:
>>
>> issue "habits"
>>  episode "smoking"
>>  episode "exercise"
>>
>> issue "fam hx"
>>  episode "breast cancer"
>>
>> Episodes already attributed to one of the issues "habits" or
>> "fam hx" can later be re-attributed to other issues as
>> needed.
>
> Except... I understood that inside a health issue there can be only open
> episode...
That is true. In the case of the above pseudo-issues I
(personally) would be willing to put up with
closing/re-opening the corresponding episode were I to learn
of new facts on either - which I'd assume to rarely happen -
but actual practice might prove me wrong there.

As you wrote this is up to the discretion of the clinician.

> I did not understand any rationale for having multiple
> episodes open at any one time under a single health issue... is this
> possible, provided that they are differently-named?
No.