Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed/gnumed.conf

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed/gnumed.conf
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:25:31 +0200

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:02:53PM -0400, Geordie wrote:

> Currently my .gnumed/gnumed.conf looks like this
>
> file:///home/Geordie/.gnumed/gnumed.conf
> [preferences]
> profile = public GNUmed database (address@hidden)
> login = any-doc
> and the splash login screen works for the public database

What does your /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf look like ?

> and when I add this info from
>
> http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/StartingGnumed#LoggingIn
>
> server: localhost (available in the pop-up)
> user: any-doc
> password: any-doc
>
> gnumed doesn't even start up

Ah, well, that's just the information but you need to use
the proper format, too. The config files have a standard
syntax.

Take a look at /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf. You should find a group

[profile local GNUmed database]

or similar. Take the group title (without [] and without
"profile") and add it to the list option

profiles = $profiles$
$profiles$

This list should already contain the group title of the
public database.

Then retry connecting to your local database and resend me
the log.