[Gnumed-devel] Still not second nature.

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Still not second nature.
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:00:09 -0300

I will give the new version 0.3 another try, had a HUGE problem with Gnome and XFCE4, something got haywired after last xorg update (I think my old...old PC does not like xorg updates, since this isn´t the first time this has happened ;)

Now I decided to just install gnome-core and gdm so I probably will have a better running machine.

The thing is: Even when it worked right Gnumed still felt a little counter-intuitive ... I don´t really know why... maybe it´s the ugly developed system I work on a daily basis, that doesn´t have all the Gnumed features, and I still can´t make a transition to a better developed platform. I am too used with "gutting it out" with the basically text orientated, slow SQL, bad crashes, stupid questions asking, public health EMR.

My mais trouble is the Issue / Episode / Encounter-consult way of seeing things. I still didn´t get it right (my "day-job" system just lists the encounters in a chronological way, no grouping similar complaints, wich of course is a ENORMOUS pain in the ***, since you have to scan a lot of old entries just to be safe).

Don´t get me wrong I fully understand the THEORY behind it ... and after some thought, I really think I can make the best of it, but it is still not second nature :)

I can see that the way GNUmed was designed is VASTLY superior than my "day-job", and it WILL make my life a LOT easier, but I am not there yet.

So ... I´d expect to give some more feedback in a week or so... By the way, is there already a .deb package for GNUmed 0.3?

- Thought  I would share with you guys :)

Rogerio