[Gnumed-devel] Re: Open Office templates

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Open Office templates
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:15:05 -0700

As I look at the Open Office (2.4) File > Wizard for "Letter" it offers, in the section "Recipient and sender"

1) for the 'Sender" to employ user data for a return address

--> is it envisioned for GNUmed to supply this information and do we already have -- or require in ToDo -- a place in GNUmed in which to configure the praxis information?

2) for the "Recipient's address" oo offers to either use placeholders, or to use an address database.

--> I know that in maybe-distant future there may be a value to supporting a batch-communication to (for example) all patients taking a certain medication and it may be good to be able to efficiently:

i) compose an automated communication that will be addressed, and can be "routed" (secure email?) to each of them and ii) store, for each patient, a copy of what had been addressed to them, in their document archive

are these reasonable thoughts?