[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manager

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed in Section contents in Synaptic Package Manager
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 16:41:15 -0700

For reasons I may explain in a later email, I don;t have immediate access to Lenny so was working in a fresh virtual machine of Etch (4.0r4).

I noticed within Synaptic's left-sided package "Sections", that the filter "Documentation" *does* show

        gnumed-doc

However, it may be nice to think under what section gnumed-client might be placed... will Lenny provide sections like Business or Health or Medical or Professional? (In Etch it appears, perhaps by exclusion, only under "Miscellaneous - Text based".

Many of Ubuntu error logs may originate from casual users (tourists) lacking any real interest in GNUmed, I suppose that if every 100 curious people included 5 or 10 clinicians (or IT people) who may get very interested in GNUmed, then for people to find out about GNUmed as a result of its listings could be very useful.

Ideas to help this further:

1. could the deb files and read-me docs include mention of the default user-id and passwords "any-doc", "any-doc"

2. since Debian and especially Ubuntu newbie users of "stable" may be unaware of newer versions of GNUmed, might we mention in future deb and read-me docs a line such as:

Anyone using the "stable" versions of Debian and Debian-based distros like Ubuntu need to be aware that extra steps are required to become aware of, and to install, the server software, and/or newer versions of the GNUmed client. See the online information at www.gnumed.org.